Mega Science Projects Exhibition
Mega Science Projects Exhibition
The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and the Department of Science & Technology (DST), along with the initiation from CERN,Geneva is organizing a series of exhibitions (Mega Science Projects Exhibition), called Vigyan Samagam.
The exhibition will showcase India’s participation in Mega-science projects and will highlight the India’s R&D contribution in these projects.
Vigyan Samagam exhibition will be conducted in the four cities of India during the period May 2019 to March 2020.
The exhibitions will run for TWO consecutive months at each museum centre in the city.
- Mumbai (Start 1st week of May ; End – 1st week of July 2019)
- Bangalore ( Start – Last week of July ; End – Last week of Sept 2019)
- Kolkata (Start – 1st week of Nov ; End – Last week of December 2019)
- New Delhi ( Start – 3rd week of January ; End – 3rd week of March 2020)
(1) European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
(2) Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research (FAIR)
(3) International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER)
(4) India Neutrino Observatory (INO)
(5) Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO)
(6) Square Kilometer Array (telescope) (SKA) and
(7) The Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT)
- We are looking volunteers from the respective cities ( Mumbai,Bangalore,Kolkata and Delhi ), who can help us man the above mega science project booths at this exhibition ( Explain the models and the posters to public ).
- We need volunteers currently pursuing or completed [ B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Tech/Ph.D preferably from Physics and Engineering background ]. Students awaiting degree results may also apply.
- The selected students will be personally trained by scientists who are deeply involved with the projects from the host institutions to give an insight into the project,the posters and to operate the working models of the projects.
- The selected students will also be paid an honorarium of Rs. 700/- per day and a certificate of appreciation/participation from Vigyan Samagam duly signed by the Convener, Vigyan Samagam, DAE.
- We encourage you to volunteer in these Mega – Science Project Exhibition which will be an additional boost to your interest in Engineering and Science Research career.
- If you are interested in participating in this event in your city, kindly fill up the below mentioned google form.
- The link for the application form is given here. https://bit.ly/2ufCViz
- If a student’s name is shortlisted, the exhibition committee will get in touch with the students with further details.
- The shortlisted students will have to fill an application form duly signed by the higher authorities of the college which will be provided by the exhibition committee.
- Students are encouraged to circulate this amongst their friends and in their college lab and department.
- The students are requested to submit their completed application by 7th April (Sunday), 2019 by 2300hrs.
1. Applicants should have completed / are currently pursuing any of the following degrees (BE / B.Tech / BSc / MSc / ME / M.Tech / PhD) in Engineering or Physics preferably.
2. Applicants who can communicate in the local language of the place where the exhibitions will be held will be preferred.
3. Applicants are required to choose ONLY the city where they are currently located in.
4. Applications without the approval of the Head of the Department will not be accepted.
5. Students should opt for a minimum of 1 week but can opt for maximum of 3 weeks. However, allotment of tenure beyond 1 week will be decided by VS committee.
6. It is not necessary that the student will get the week of his/her choice. VS can allot the student to any convenient week slot as deemed necessary.
7. Selected students will have to be present at the exhibition from 09:30-17:30 on ALL the days that they have committed to volunteer. The exhibition will run on all 7 days of the week.
8. Selected students will have to be present at the exhibition stall one day before their tenure begins (for training and familiarization).
9. Selected students will be trained by faculty from the respective institutes associated with the project regarding the exhibits as well as to explain/operate the models on display.
10. Selected students will be paid an honorarium of Rs. 700 per day, as well as exhibition memorabilia like T-shirts/caps.
11. No local transportation or accommodation will be provided.
12. Students will be provided honorarium and certificates by the DAE-DST Vigyan Samagam exhibition on successful completion of their tenure of volunteering.