COMPUTER VISION INTERNSHIP
Computer vision is concerned with the automated analysis of still images and videos. We analyse images created by standard digital color cameras, active depth sensors (e.g. Microsoft Kinect), as well as multiple band images from astronomical telescopes.
Computer vision is rapidly becoming an essential ingredient in many daily life activities such as automatic driving assistants, face and fingerprint recognition, natural user interfaces for computers and game consoles, mobile phone applications as well as applications involving consumer digital cameras or video surveillance.
We focus on development of fundamental algorithms as well as applications of these to industrial and real-life problems, such as welding, satellite imagery, food production, saw mill industry, agriculture, human rehabilitation as well as astronomical image analysis.
Computer vision and image analysis are closely related to neighboring research areas such as machine learning, signal processing and graphics, and our research is mathematically founded combined with empirical evaluation.
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Developing innovative solutions involving computer vision skills
2. Developing software tools to enhance underwater videos including live feed from ROV
3. Creating 2D & 3D image stitching tools to develop amazing visual heat maps
4. Implementing machine learning algorithms for underwater crack detection and characterization will be fully involved in software team development for integrating these modules
5. Developing computer vision modules using OpenCV (C++) and GPU (CUDA)
6. Integrating modules with advanced GUI and extensive testing of the module
7. Developing various other modules in C++ as per requirement of software used in ROV products
Only those candidates can apply who:
• are available for full time (in-office) internship
• can start the internship between 19th Oct’18 and 18th Nov’18
• are available for duration of 6 months
• have relevant skills and interests
• are Computer Science Engineering students
• * Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
INR ₹10000-12000 /Month
Certificate, Informal dress code, Free snacks & beverages.
Image Processing, C Programming (Learn C Programming), Computer Vision and C++ Programming (Learn C++ Programming